MLS Power Rankings are changing rapidly as teams thought to be leaders at the start of the season are falling off the grid and lower expected squads have gotten it together for a solid season. Here is my best MLS Power Rankings guess:
MLS Power Rankings For July 5-12
#1 through #9
- LAFC– still or back to the top spot we find them preparing for another edition of El Traffico on July 8th. Thy first in the Western conference take on 5th place Galaxy.
- Austin- A steady rise find this team on their way to a playoff game or more. Two road wins make them double dangerous. Next up is a road game at Atlanta.
- New York Red Bulls– They have the top spot in the Eastern Conference and face a good Cincinnati team next on the 9th.
- Real Salt Lake– lost to Minnesota last week 3-2 after being down 3-0. Still a worthy spot for them in rankings. Next up is traveling to face Colorado.
- New York City FC– Currently is in a slump after not gaining any points in last four matches. Home match against New England Revolutions is on the 9th of June.
- Philadelphia Union– Other rankings have them higher than I do but appears on a decline after shut out twice in the past week in a defeat to Chicago and a draw with Columbus. Home this week against DE United.
- Nashville SC– This team leads on their defense. When it fails then Nashville fails. Now in 6th place in the Western Conference travels to Charlotte for a June 9 match.
- CF Montreal- Good and bad the last two weeks. They handled Seattle on the road but got embarrassed against the Galaxy 4-0 in California. Take on the lowly Kansas City team at home next. I probably have Montreal too low. An argument for a top five spot can be made.
- FC Dallas– Winless in previous four matches and managed a draw last time against Miami. they stay in-state and go to Houston June 9.
- LA Galaxy-all focus is on next match with city rival LAFC- This week they split contests and can’ t stay consistent.
- Seattle Sounders- lost to Montreal but had a 2-0 won over Toronto. Next is July 9 vs. Portland Timbers.
- New England Revolution- they have had a draw in six of previous nine matches . Next match is July 9 at New York City FC
- FC Cincinnati– playing tough with draw against NYCFC and New England. New York Red Bulls is next.
- Minnesota United- Real Salt Lake and LA Galaxy were beaten by this up and coming squad. Play at Vancouver Whitecaps on July 8.
- Orlando City- somewhat still a disappointment from this team after loss to DC United. Trying to stay out of basement. Miami comes to ton of the 9th of July.
- Vancouver Whitecaps- playing well and improving with 20 points in last nine matches.Next MLS match is July 8 vs. Minnesota United.
- Charlotte FC- picked up first road win of season and now Nashville comes to town.
- Inter Miami CF- luckily a late goal got them a tie last time out. Now travel to Orlando for state bragging rights.
- Portland Timbers-getting better all the time. Has been closer to top of rankings. Next match is July 9 at Seattle Sounders.
- Columbus Crew haven’t score in eight of previous thirteen matches but now face lowly Chicago Fire on July 9.
- Houston Dynamos sinking faster than the Titanic.
- Colorado Rapids just not playing well.
- Atlanta United slight dip downward and things get no better with a tough squad in Austin next.
- Toronto FC losing is becoming more frequent
- San Jose Earthquakes not winning much
- DC United just picked up a much needed win.
- Chicago Fire FC – not good and no offense
- Sporting Kansas City dismal and makes a case for regulation in the league.
Join our Discord to leave a question or comment regarding this article. We have sports fans talking betting all day — every day! JOIN THE DISCORD NOW AND QUALIFY FOR PRIZES & BETTING SWAG!
Be the first to comment